Monday 7 July 2008

Weekly Menu 7th - 11th July

Where has the year gone? We are over halfway though Treestump is changing from a newborn to a baby who is frustrated his limbs will not do what he wants and getting upset when people eat in front of him to the extent I am going to start preping food for him to over the next few weeks so watch this space. His brother started on solids at four months and I think he is ready too.

however on to feeding the rest of us. This weeks menu swap is hosted by Cheryl over at Gluten free Goodness and she has picked raspberries as the weekly ingredient. No hardship there then. I will certinlay be munching though some this week as they are my favourite. I hope to take Small fruit picking in the coming weeks too particularly as school is finishing soon, though I need to practice driving the bigger cars before then as me and two children do not fit in a Smartcar however much I'd like them to!! Our raspberry canes are new this year so are only producing a few fruit however I look forward to later years when they and the various bushes get properly established.

This weeks rundown

Monday - Chicken with walnuts and apricots -a recipe in my recipe box I've never tried but liked enough to copy from somewhere at some point.

Tuesday - Beef Stirfry (eat early as I need to have bloodtests the next day which are one you have to fast for. Nothing serious just to check my iron and so forth as I'm rather rundown)

Wednesday - Pork and pastasio terrine (another untried recipe)

Thursday - Tuna pasta bake

Friday - Home made fish and chips. (for those not in the UK fish and chips is a national dish normally bought at a fish and chip shop but the fish is battered so off limits unless made at home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment