Monday 20 April 2009

Weekly menu 20-25 th April 2009

I know, I know I've been bad about such things. However we have been eating OK just a bit on the fly and then the internet went down for two days... I was so not amused and even less amused about the lack fo access to anyone who could actually tell me what was wrong. Used to be if I was put through to technical support they knew what they were talking about and if they weren't personally fixing it they knew who was.. now the company has been bought by others all I could get to was a call centre on the other side of the world who had no access to any real information.. I am moving companies !!

This week is the second and last of the Easter holidays so I have both kids at home so will be keeping things fairly simple..

Asparagus Thin is hosting the gluten free swap this week and has picked rhubarb. This is one of my favourite 'fruits' and I have a plant growing in the allotment ( and planted a second this weekend) but as yet there isn't enough to pick as it is still settling in. I may however use it as an excuse to buy some if I see it in the greengrocers. My favourite way to have it is stewed with some sugar and strawberries added towards the end. Heaven !!

Monday - Cauliflower cheese, we have far to many cauliflowers to eat up!

Tuesday - Out all day at an amusement park/ zoo and going to wagamamas in the evening.. they list on their website what dishes can be gluten free and this time I will take my own soy sauce.

Wednesday - Pasta with tomato and bacon sauce or lasagne if I have time to make fresh pasta.

Thursday - Either fish pie or home made fish and chips.

Friday - vegetable and chickpea curry, probably heavy on the cauliflower again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I loved Wagamamas. We brought back some of the spoons as souvenirs of our visit to London. Cauliflower Cheese is a favorite from childhood that I haven't made in a long time. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete