Monday 3 December 2007

Weekly menu (Dec3 - Dec 7)

Gluten Free Menu Swap Monday - Pomegranates

This weeks ingredient is the pomegranate. One of my all time favorates, as a child one of my christmas treats was to have a pomegranate, one a year.. they still aren't cheap here but I generally manage more than one a year these days.

I edited last weeks post to say what actually happened rather than what was planned though the two were fairly close. I also did a couple of posts detailing recipes. Carrie, you might like to know we had your corn pudding which the boys loved, I thought it was nice enough but I think you've worked out by now I prefer my savory, well savoy and sweet dishes saved for puddings. I love pickles and other sour dishes though..

Dec 3rd to Dec 7th

Monday - I have to fast from 9pm tonight as I'm booked for a Glucose Tolerance test tomorrow, the wonders of being an older, over weight, pregnant woman, still useful to know if I do need to be careful for the sprogs sake.

Tomato and Egg (a sort thick tomato and veg sauce with eggs cooked on top and covered in cheese.. much nicer than it sounds, have a feeling it was originally a weight watchers recipe but I'm not certain)

Tuesday - Cauliflower and brocalli cheese (lots of brassicas in veg boxes now)

Wednesday - Home made chicken Kievs (this will be a first to try this), rice and feta and pomegranate salad.

Thursday - (out at the local christmas street party and light turning on)
Pre cooked finger food, probably some GF sausages, cheese and maybe flapjack or similar. Depends how adventurous I get.

Friday - stirfry and rice noodles.

Extra baking
some form of cranberry cupcakes.. lots of options here
Cornflake Flapjack with dried fruit
bread


Lots more menu ideas here, though most aren't gluten free - Menu Plan Monday

4 comments:

  1. LOL, that's okay Esther! My husband is like that too! He prefers some things to be savory, and other things to be sweet! I'm glad you tried the corn! I'm glad your boys liked it! Your menu looks great! I hope your tests go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we picked up a pomegranate this week too! Delicious menu. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my boys on a gluten free diet for a year. It's a ton of work. I'm glad it's working out for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been gluten free for a good few years now so for me it isn't as hard as when you start out. Plus it's only me so I don't have the problems of my little boy wanting what his friends have. That said he will eat my bread rather than normal if given the chance.. strange boy. Of course it does mean shopping more carefully but I've cooked for people with various food limitations most of my life be that veggy, allergies etc, it's a lot easier now than it was to spot food that are dangerous.

    ReplyDelete