Anyway on to food related stuff.
I came across this via Love me knot Creations but it started in Very Good Taste which turns out is another English blogger. They have a FAQ about the list on their blog.
So without more waffle i give you the Omnivore’s Hundred.
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating. (did in red as was brain dead about crossing out)
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns (as long as gluten free home made ones count.)
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras unless someone can find me some I don't consider cruel to produce.
24. Rice and Beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche (however I just picked up a tin of it so I will soon)
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea (I grew up in Devon to have not had these would be anti-patriotic or something!)
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more (I wish!)
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi (nearly bought some yesterday though)
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal (unless they do a gluten free one and even then I'm unlikely to)
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV (not 100% sure on this one but i suspect some of the real ales I've tried in the past would have been)
59. Poutine (not exactly though I've had chips, cheese and gravy a good few times)
60. Carob chips
63. Kaolin (in medicine)
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
90. Criollo chocolate (of course I'm a member of Hotel Chocolat tasting club!)
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (real coffee gives me massive headaches)
I seem to have tried just under half and would like to try a few more sometime soon.