Monday 18 May 2009

Weekly menu 18th to 22nd May 2009


Sea from Book of Yum is hosting the gluten free menu swap this week and picked zucchini as her ingredient.. we call them courgettes and I often cook with them though I don't have any currently but I do have some plants coming on well which will be planted out soon and with any luck with have lots of courgettes later this summer !

This weeks menu

Monday -beef stir fry including new season sugar snap peas and asparagus!

Tuesday - Gammon, chips and eggs because sometimes you just want comfort food.

Wednesday - something veggy based, depending on what i have left before getting the new box on thursday

Thursday - chicken breast with sun-dried tomato stuffing served with rice and greens.

Friday fish and chips as we ended up having sausage and yorkshire puds a post to come later) on Friday last week so the fish is still in the freezer.

Baking - plan to try the scones from my new book and possibly the bakewell tart or millionares shortbread.

Next Monday is a bank Holiday here in the UK (one of two in May) so I'm not sure if I will get round to posting on time. The rest of the week is half term so if I do post it will be easy, quick and kid friendly recipes !

No comments:

Post a Comment